Share This Article
Early voting for Baxter County’s runoff primary elections will officially be kicking off on Tuesday, June 14 through Friday, June 17, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Early voting polls open again on Monday, June 20, starting at 8 a.m., and will remain open until 4:30 p.m.
Election Day for the Primary Runoffs will be held on June 21, from 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
Runoff races include a race between Shannon Walker and Sheila Wingard for JP District 10 and a race for Baxter County Judge between Brian Plumlee and Kevin Litty. Both Walker and Plumlee secured the most votes on election night for their respective races but failed to reach the majority needed to win.
A list of appointed election officials, deputy clerks, or additional deputies hired to conduct the early voting can be located on the Baxter County & Circuit Clerk’s office door beginning June 3, 2022.
Any person who makes an objection to the service of a designated poll worker must make it known to the County Board of Election Commissioners within seven calendar days.
The deadline for objections must be received before the date of the election.
Votes will be tabulated at the Baxter County Courthouse after the closing of the polls on Election Day.
Hearings will be held for Provisional Ballots that are rejected on the following Monday, 27, 2022, from 10 a.m. till noon.
The deadline to register to vote in the Primary Runoff Election was May 23, 2022.
Sample Ballots are available online at https://www.voterview.ar-nova.org.
Early Voting locations will be:
Baxter County Courthouse- 1 East 7th., Mountain Home
Twin Lake Plaza- 759 Business Hwy 62 E, Mountain Home
Election Commission Headquarters-213 E 5th St., Mountain Home
June 21, Primary Runoff Election Day polls open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 7:30 p.m. at the following locations and addresses:
1. Baxter County Courthouse, 1 East 7th St. Mountain Home, AR.72653
2. Big Flat, Big Flat City Hall, Hwy 14, Big Flat, AR. 72951
3. Eastside Baptist Church, 718 East 9th St., Mountain Home, AR. 72653
4. Henderson Fire Station, 12487 Hwy 62 East, Henderson, AR. 72544
5. Lakeview City Hall, 14 Skyles Lane, Lakeview, AR
6. Lone Rock Baptist Church, 6726 Push Mountain Road, Norfork, AR 72658
7. Midway Safety Training Center, 170 Dillard Drive, Midway, AR. 72651
8. Northeast Lakeside Fire Station, 5482 Hwy 62 East, Mountain Home, AR.72653
9. Norfork First Baptist Church, 36 Second St., Norfork, AR.72658
10. Salesville Community Center, 46 Gillespie St., Salesville, AR. 72653
11. Twin Lakes Plaza, 729 Business Hwy 62 East., Mountain Home, AR. 72653 (behind Hobby Lobby)
12. Wesley United Methodist Church, 179 Memory Lane, Cotter, AR.72626