Seventeen members of the Mountain Home High School FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) advanced to national level competition June 29 through July 2, 2022 in Chicago, IL at the FBLA National Leadership Conference.
FBLA members started their exciting week in Chicago with a personalized tour of Pepsico / Frito Lay located in The Old Chicago Post Office compliments of Rachel Hibbs, Region Vice President of Sales Frito Lay and her team.
In addition to the tour, students heard the overview of the company, participated in sampling new products that have not hit the market yet and got their first taste of true Chicago style pizza. Students said they were amazed by how they could connect their FBLA competitive events with career opportunities through Pepsico / Frito Lay.
Students also were able to explore the culture of Chicago by visiting the Millennium Park, Chicago Cultural Center, Lincoln Park Zoo, The Navy Pier, Willis Tower / Skydeck and Wrigley Field with a Cubs game.
The National Leadership Conference kicked off with an opening session where MHHS FBLA Chapter was recognized for earning the Gold Champion Chapter award. Members attended leadership training and workshops, competed in open events and also competed in their national events by taking objective tests and presentations.
- Accounting II ~ Chrstl Denoso
- Business Calculations ~ Emmanuel Westra
- Business Management (team) ~ Reagan Webb, Maranda Jones and Brooke Bayless
- Data Analysis (team) ~ Lily Foster and Haley Franks
- Entrepreneurship ~ Bailey Stockfisch
- Hospitality & Event Management (team) ~ Sadie Quick, Gracyn Goodwin and Brooke Queen
- Parliamentary Procedures (team) ~ Cadence Webster, Colton Cooley, Brandon Belicek and Jace Godfrey
- Public Speaking ~ Hannah Carlisle
- Securities and Investments ~ Nicholas Stanton
It has been over twenty years since MHHS FBLA members have placed in the top 10 in the nation. This year, two events placed in the top 10 receiving national recognition and receiving national awards on stage.
- 6th Place in Business Calculations ~ Emmanuel Westra
- 9th Place in Parliamentary Procedures team consisting of Cadence Webster, Colton Cooley, Brandon Belicek and Jace Godfrey.
In addition, two members from MHHS FBLA serve on the 2022-23 AR State Officer Team, Gracyn Goodwin, AR State Treasurer and Jace Godfrey, AR State Parliamentarian. State officers participated in leadership training and led the state at the opening ceremony and two closing ceremonies.
Members of the Mtn. Home High School FBLA Chapter said they would like to express their appreciation to the businesses and individuals that generously donated their time in helping them prepare for their national competition as well as their sponsorships that provided financial support for all national competitors to attend the 2022 FBLA National Leadership Conference.