Share This Article
The Baxter County Board of Election Commissioners is seeking county residents that may be interested in becoming a poll worker for upcoming county elections.
Poll workers must:
- Be a qualified elector
- Be able to read & write English
- Be a resident of the precinct
Poll workers must not:
- Be guilty of violating any election law
- Be a candidate while serving
- Be a paid employee of any political party or of any candidate running for any office on the county’s ballot
- Be married or related to a candidate running for office while serving, if an objection is made
- Be a Party Chairman (or spouse), or Party Secretary, or the spouse of a CBEC member, if an objection is made
Poll workers can be an employee of a school district holding an election. Poll workers can waive compensation as well.
For more information on the qualifications required to serve as a poll worker, please call election headquarters at 870-580-1060 or email BCEC Chairwoman Lynne Weaver at [email protected].