Share This Article
When the 2023 Medicare Advantage Annual Enrollment Period begins October 15, some Medicare beneficiaries could qualify for new plans through Arkansas Blue Medicare.
In addition to current BlueMedicare HMO, PPOs, private fee-for-service plans (PFFS) and prescription drug plans (PDP), beginning in 2023, qualified Medicare-eligible individuals can be part of:
- BlueMedicare Independence (HMO) : This new plan supports those who receive Extra Help to help pay for their Part D prescription drug costs and are looking for extra benefits not offered by original Medicare.
- BlueMedicare Freedom Giveback (PPO): This new plan is ideal for beneficiaries who receive creditable Part D coverage from the VA, Tricare or other source and are looking for Part B premium money back in their monthly Social Security check, along with extra benefits.
Additionally, BlueMedicare HMO and PPO plans will be available in 67 Arkansas counties in 2023.
“The annual enrollment period is a very important time for Medicare-eligible individuals, and we are proud to be able to provide them with a growing number of coverage options to fit their needs,” said Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield Lead Executive of Medicare Products Laurin Dixon. “Having access to quality healthcare is vital and something we want to make sure our Medicare-eligible members never have to worry about in a time of need.”
Arkansas Blue Medicare plans also offer supplemental benefits such as preventive and restorative dental, eye exams and eyewear, hearing exams and hearing aids, in-home support services and even meal delivery if a member has recently undergone a hospital stay.
When enrolling for coverage for 2023, it’s important to avoid several common mistakes.
- Be aware of deadlines to avoid penalties. The Medicare Advantage Annual Enrollment Period begins October 15 and ends December 7, 2022.
- Understand the differences between Medicare Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D.
- Take note of plan premiums, copayments and deductibles to decide which plan is right for you personally and financially.
- Ask for help.
“Having a variety of coverage options allows Arkansans who are eligible for Medicare to choose a plan that best fits their needs, but we understand choosing a plan, especially if you’re new to Medicare, can be intimidating,” said Matthew Vannatta, vice president of consumer and retail markets. “Don’t be afraid to contact an insurance professional to help you navigate between the different plan costs and coverages.”
To help Arkansans navigate their Medicare options, individuals can contact an Arkansas Blue Medicare expert at 1-888-954-0020, log onto choosebluemedicare.com or visit one of our ArkansasBlue welcome centers to receive in-person, face-to-face help from one of our insurance experts.
At ArkansasBlue welcome centers, health insurance experts provide assistance year-round to customers shopping for health plans, needing customer service or who need to pay their bills. In addition, many welcome centers house community rooms, which are available for use at no charge by eligible organizations. Locations include:
- Fort Smith
- Hot Springs
- Little Rock
- Pine Bluff
For more information on a your nearest welcome center, visit arkansasbluecross.com/locations